Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Welcoming Committee Part 1

Every church should have a welcoming committee. Whether it's just someone to smile and shake hands at the door or maybe someone who just goes to each visitor and makes them feel welcome. We were ministering at a church one time and we came in and sat on about the third pew. There were no reserved signs, Bibles in the pew, or anything that would indicate someone normally sat there. After about a minute of sitting in the pew we heard two ladies come up behind us and say, "I can not believe these people just came in and took our seat! Do they think they own the place?!" As you can imagine, we were kind of shocked!! After we got through singing these same ladies came up and said, "It is so nice to have y'all here with us today! Y'all did such a wonderful job!" Needless to say, it didn't quite mean as much after their earlier comments. I'm glad we weren't lost people visiting for the first time! I would've got up and left!

3 comments:

  1. O dear! That's so sad! Goodness, can't people be nice???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish every church had a greeting committee. It would make you feel a lot better when you visit a church you've never been to before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sad, but true in a lot of churches. We should always do our best to make visitors welcome to church. The seat that I sit in at church does not belong to me and is not reserved for me. May God help us to treat others as we would want to be treated ��
    I look forward to reading more about your travels! ❤️

    ReplyDelete